In short This is our report about the SECOND convention Lumendi staff attended. It is also a first at having Lumendi exhibit and present DiLumen at DDW.
The Digestive Disease Week 2017 held in Chicago at McCormick Place. DDW is the most important conference in the gastrointestinal field.
The Lumendi team is very satisfied with the interest in DiLumen by doctors worldwide and potential partners in the industry.
If you have not subscribed yourself to our newsletter, do it right here so you will not miss future news we release
For 2018, DDW will be held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center | Washington, DC from June 2-5, called #DDW18 for short. The theme for #DDW18 will be: Monumental Developments in Science & Medicine.
DDW17 – big is one word to describe this event
This convention is rather big in comparison to most of these type of events in Europe:
More than 14,000 GI professionals gathered in Chicago for the world’s premier GI meeting. The four-day conference featured 4,251 posters, 954 presentations by invited speakers and 1,080 oral abstracts.
Much of the convention is, of course, used for presenting the latest research to fellow health experts in the area of GI or gastrointestinal such as:
- View Abstracts of papers presented at #DDW17
- Texting can be good for health – including loosing weight
- A Fix for Colic? Formula Reduces Infant Crying from 3 Hours to 30 Minutes (Abstract 418).
- World Cup competition features top endoscopy videos from around the globe
DDW is being sponsored by several associations and societies, such as:
- AASLD American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases,
- AGA – American Gastroenterological Association,
- ASGE – American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, and
- SSAT – The Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract.
Delegates attend paper presentations and panel sessions where research is being discussed. Also, the program offers attendees continuous education courses.
Of course, it also has exhibition space for rent. That is what Lumendi did to have its own booth.
For Lumendi and other commercial entities, an event such as DDW17 offers the opportunity to reach out the customers on the convention floor.
People want to see, or in this case feel it for themselves how much better they can do their job using our Lumendi technology.
This was a very satisfying experience for us, of course 🙂
Join the discussion: What is your opinion?
What are your experiences with exhibitions?
- Did you visit our booth in Chicago?
- Are you coming to #DDW18 in Washington DC?
- What do you like most about such LARGE conventions? Anything you dislike?
- What made some vendor booths more interesting than others in cases were you attended as a delegate (i.e. checking out what vendors had to offer)?
Of course, as our past blog entries show, we will reply to your comments.